Friday 13 November 2009

Finished School Magazine Front Cover



Finally I decided on using a light green and light blue for my typography on my front cover shown below. I did this for two reasons which were because they are contrasting colours and work very well together and also because Fortismere's school colours are both light green and light blue. Although the light green does not contrast with the purple in the background it does stand out very well and simultaneously does not take attention away from the main image. I used the important issues used mostly from the results of my survey to put on the front cover as typography. I noticed that a barcode, the issue number and the price was also essential to have on the front cover so I included them as well. I followed the layout of the magazines I was looking at and referred back to them when I was completing this cover.

For my contents page I used my main image of the figure and distorted it. Behind the distortion, I painted the canvas in light blue and light green, again thinking of using the colours of the school. I then made the distortion slightly transparent so the blue and green can be seen, but not too much otherwise the distortion would not have been seen too well. This is why the green and blue colours have come out a bit darker than expected. I chose yellow, orange and turquoise for the typography on the contents page. I chose these colours based on the responses I got from my school magazine survey. The typography I put on the front cover has also been placed in my contents page, separate from the rest of the contents to make them seem like exclusive parts of the magazine. They have also been placed in a different colour from the rest of the contents to exaggerate this fact. Also I purposely only put the contents of 11 pages as my target audience chose the option of 11-14 pages thinking it would be ideal for a school magazine.


1 comment: