Friday 13 November 2009

Experiments with Text



I had already thought of a name for my magazine when I had done my magazine research. The magazines I looked at had very bold titles and were all reletively 4 - 6 letter long titles. On that basis i thought of "4ORTY" for my magazine name and thought it would be unique for me to replace the "f" for a "4". Also I decided to make my title have a very bold font aswell on this basis. I had noticed that some those magazines I looked at had near the same colour as the background although a lot of them did have contrasting colour or colours that stood out from the background. Due to this fact, I experimented with a slighlty lighter colour than the background colour. I warped the title to make it seem a little cylinder like and round. I thought this would add more emphasis to it and it does which is why I kept the warped text as it was but carried on experimenting with colours. Above on the right I used an even more strong and striking colour which brought out the title a bit too much and I thought that the red and purple did not work well with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment