Saturday 24 October 2009

Creating my school magazine cover


I decided to take a few more close up photographs to incorporate into my real school magazine front cover. I took three more from which the one shown below on the right, was chosen. I chose this photograph because it has a great composition and is well lit. I found that the picture was very much blue and decided to use the 'colour balance' to enhance the qualty of the photo. On each of the tone balances, shadows, midtones and highlights I experimented with the colour levels on cyan, magneta and yellow. I took the pointer of each of them to the very highest and then to the very lowest and adjusted it as I saw was appropriate. The outcome was much clearer and added a superb quality to the photograph.

Above, on the left is my outcome of using 'colour balance'.

2 comments:

  1. Ahmed your blog is looking excellent.

    Please post your questionnaire by tomorrow's lesson.

    HAve you made any progress on your final magazine cover yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not done any of the magazine cover during half term, but I am going to get on with that now.

    ReplyDelete